Our bodies need on average 1.5mg of Vitamin B12 per day and is stored in the liver.
I highly recommend that you eat sardines at least once a week.
• high in omega-3 fatty acids
• excellent source of Vitamin B12
• excellent source of Calcium
• high in Vitamin D which aids the absorption of calcium
• great source of collagen (in the skin and bones)
• source of protein
• packed in minerals
Preferred choice: Wild caught sardines packed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
NOTE: Avoid eating sardines if you suffer from any kidney disease or gout!
The daily recommended iron intake for men and women is:
Men: 9mg per day
Women: 15mg per day
Examples of foods that contain Iron:
- Fish (Tuna, Haddock, Mackerel, Sardines, Salmon, Trout) * Eggs
- Leafy greens & broccoli
- Potatoes & oats
- Black beans / kidney beans / Chickpeas / Green peas
- Nuts & seeds
To maximize iron absorption, consume legumes with foods high in vitamin C.